Toronto 2009 Decompression - DEVOLUTION
DEVOLUTION (di-ve-lu-sn) (noun):
1. A passing down or descent through successive stages of time or a process.
2. Transference, as of rights or qualities, to a successor.
3. A transfer of powers from a central body to local units.
4. A sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states; "events now in process".
Join BurnT --- Toronto's Burning Man Community --- for our annual T-compression celebration!
Enjoy an unconventional evening of DJs, interactive and visual art installations, costumes, fire and live performances, Burning Man storytelling, diverse music, dance and chill out spaces, art cars and much more!
COOL FREE WORKSHOPS
Arrive between 9pm-10pm if you'd like to participate in free workshops. They include poi making/spinning, soldering El-wire, how to create metal sculptures with a plasma cutter, hypnotherapy techniques, contact improv dance and other fun and interesting activities.
* Oct 12th - Oct 31st - $12.00 (sold out)
* Nov 1st - Nov 15th - $16.00 (sold out)
* Nov 16th onward & at the door (until 1am)- $20 (limited to capacity)
Online Ticket Sales & Donation To Art Grant Link: Available here (online tickets are available until 9pm on November 20th)
Store locations: (store locations stop selling tickets November 19)
West Side: Shanti Baba: 546 Queen Street W., just east of Bathurst. (Open late)
Central/Subway accessible: Play De Record: 357A Yonge Street, just north of Dundas station.
East End: Sideshow Cafe: 1300 Gerrard Street E., just east of Greenwood.
While participation is optional, it is *strongly* encouraged. Costumes, potluckables, gifts, fireplay, performances, art pieces, workshops, free hugs and other things you contribute will enhance your experience and add to this collaborative event. Be as creative as possible!
If you'd like to participate or volunteer in any way, please send an email indicating your interest to email@example.com.
The Queen Streetcar runs all night and there is plenty of parking around the area.
Please come dressed in "Playawear" (a.k.a. wear something wacky, colourful, sexy, furry, glowing, etc.) and bring:
1. Government issued photo ID showing you are 19+
2. A non-perishable food item or a Toonie ($2) to donate to the Daily Bread Food Bank.
** Please Note: First entry admission and alcoholic beverage sales will close at 1am. No outside alcohol allowed **
Our party is your party, so become involved and pARTicipate!
If you'd like more information about Burning Man visit http://www.burningman.com or http://www.burnon.ca/
See you there!
Pia Bouman Art Centre
6 Noble Street
Toronto, ON M6K 2C6
|Minimum Age: 19|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|