The Late Now 25: The Dream Argument
Live Music . Interviews . Mischief . Drinks . Food
7:30 PM opening set by Three For Silver
8:00 PM showtime
The dream argument is the postulation that the act of dreaming provides preliminary evidence that the senses we trust to distinguish reality from illusion should not be fully trusted. We'll be dreaming of Plato and Descartes, Jung and Freud, Zhuàngzi and of course Alice.
**************** FEATURING ****************
* CARLA ROSSI - the eminent drag trickster sings the end of the world, with piano gangster MARIA CHOBAN and company
* JASON SQUAMATA - writer, performer, Unconsiousness Collectivist deploys dangerous metadreams
* JAMES YEARY - experimental poet experiments with your head
* THREE FOR SILVER - TLN house band extraordinaire
GET YOUR DREAMS ANALYZED by The Late Now Dream Squad:
* KARL 9000 - Electrical Phrenology Dream Unit
* THE CONFECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS: Lisa Marsicek aka MIZ KITTY interprets your dreams through the medium of cookies
* PITCH - DORA GASKILL's contemporary dance project interprets you up
* DANGER RORSCHACH with extreme fingerpaintist JENNY BREED
* Freestyle rapper THOMAS DIETZEL
* Keystar ANNA LEANDER rox your dreams with vox & keytar
AND MORE IN THE WORKS!
Plus the usual suspects:
* LEO DAEDALUS, your eccentrifugal host, presides over a whip-smart chaos of brilliant madness.
* ALEX REAGAN, America's favorite high-altitude cohost, adds to the salutary confusion.
DETAILS at http://TheLateNow.com/
Vie de Boheme
1530 SE 7th Ave (7th & Clay)
Portland, OR 97214
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|