Give A Fig
GIVE A FIG
Les Figues Press' Annual Fundraiser + Benefit Auction.
Saturday, September 12, 2009, at Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions (LACE) in Hollywood, with emcees Matias Viegener and Anna Joy Springer. This fantastically fun event provides direct and critical support for Les Figues publishing projects.
$15-$50 (advance sales)
$25-$50 (at the door)
Peformances by Sarah Shun-lien Bynum, Bhanu Kapil, Laura Steenberge and Christine Wertheim.
IT'S TIME FOR THE READYMADE: Think Ecology! Economy! Artists, writers and independent businesses donate dozens of renamed/recycled/ready-to-go items.
- Marcus Civin makes prints of sentences donated from different sources. (Source #1: Ken Gonzales-Day; Source #2: Kenneth Goldsmith; Source #3: Yvonne Rainer; Source #4: Eileen Myles; Source #5: Kevin Killian & Dodie Bellamy; Source #6: Kara Tanaka; Source #7: Kathleen Hanna)
- Art by Connie Samaras, Stephanie Taylor, Lynda Barry, Audrey Mandelbaum, Phoebe Gloeckner, Jenny Yurshansky, Candice Lin, Fallen Fruit, Joey Morris, Dan Bayles, Mara Lonner, Ginny Cook, Douglas Green & Laurel Frank, Shane Quentin, Alex Forman, Debra DiBlasi, Rikki Ducornet, Christian Bk, Christine Wertheim (Institute for Figuring), Molly Corey, Danielle Adair, Susan Simpson, Betsy Seder, Michael Smoler and more!
- A rare chapbook of opening sections from /Madeleine is Sleeping/, with cover paper handmade by author Sarah Shun-lien Bynum.
- A signed broadside of Stuart Dybek's "Paper Lantern."
- Cat behavior consultation with scientist (and poet) Jennifer Calkins.
- "The Other Me" -- Hand-made perfume by Kim Rosenfield (as debuted at her reading at Small Press Traffic).
- Gift certificate to Machine Project.
- Teeth whitening/bleaching with dentist Dr. Cho.
- NOT AN OBJECT, a conceptual project by Rob Fitterman, "produced" for you, collaboration optional.
- Psychic palm reading by Bhanu Kapil.
- Gift certificates to local, independent bookstores, like Skylight, Counterpoint, Portrait of a Bookstore, and Brand Books.
- Book packages, bundles of literary/art journals, the old poetics and the new (a chapbook collection).
- Facial with "Kenya at Studio 41":http://bewellgroomed.blogspot.com/.
- LA Medusa t-shirt and painting, from "Howard's House of Fine Arts":http://www.howardshouseoffineart.com/
- Cake baking commission by Charles Flowers.
- Annotated copy of Hurry Home Honey by Sawako Nakayasu.
- "The Collection of Silence," a booklet published by Dia on the occasion of an event organized by Eileen Myles. Contributors include Charles Bernstein, Rachel Zolf, Stephanie Gray, Timothy Liu, and Mnica de la Torre.
- PLUS MORE!!!
Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions
6522 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90028
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|