A Night in Casablanca Fundraising Gala
It is 1941. The clouds of war have descended across Europe. Refugees, fleeing the destruction, are gathering in the Moroccan town of Casablanca, desperately trying to procure transit visas to the New World. Freedom fighters, scoundrels, underground leaders, and opportunists comprise this dubious cast of characters, each awaiting salvation. In the midst of this havoc, Rick's Cafe Americana, the venue where many shady dealings take place, continues to open its doors for an evening of music and excitement.
We invite you to Rick's Cafe to experience the era of World War II, dance to the swinging sounds of the Big Band, and explore the Moroccan bazaar. We believe your attendance will be "the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Activities and entertainment for the evening include:
* Stroll through a Moroccan bazaar and meet the local inhabitants.
* Barter with vendors for priceless treasures and artifacts.
* Plan subversive activities with the Free French underground.
* Enjoy the swingin' sounds of Johnny Kleker and the Big Band.
* Learn 30s and 40s dance styles, after watching a professional show.
* Discuss news of the day with Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart), the owner and proprietor of Rick's Cafe Americana.
* Purchase one of-a-kind amazing items in our silent and live auctions.
* Come dressed in 1940s regalia and dance the night away.
Cocktails & Appetizers 5:30pm
Program & Live Auction 7:15pm
Big Band & Dancing 8:00pm
Heritage Museum of Orange County
3101 W. Harvard St.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|