|Saturday Jun 21, 2014 11:00 AM - Sunday Jun 22, 2014 11:00 AM | £60.00
Introduction to Maintenance
Ever wanted to get your hands dirty but didn't know where to begin? Thought that paying £20 to get some new brake pads was just a tad too much? Looks like it's time for you to learn how to do it yourself! In LBK's Introduction to Bike Maintenance course, we'll show you how.
Day 1: How your bike works
1) Names of common bike parts
2) Essential basic tools: names and usage
3) How to give your bike a health check
4) How to clean and lubricate a bike (includes how to use a chain breaker, and how to use our fancy-pants, eco-friendly parts washer)
5) Fixing punctures
Day 2: Preventative care for your bike
6) How to fit your bike to your body
7) Rim Brakes - how they work, how to adjust and how to change brake blocks + cables. NB, if you have hub brakes or disc brakes, your brakes won't be covered by this class.
8) Derailleur Gears - how they work, how to index. Includes how to set high/low limit screws and how to adjust cable tension. NB, if you have hub gears, this won't be covered in the class. We do a separate class on Sturmey Archer hub gears.
Your teacher will be the sensational Seb Klein, bike mechanic and cycle fanatic. Don't let his Gallic charm lead you astray, he knows his stuff.
This course will take place Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 June from 11am - 2pm, and will include bottomless tea and coffee. You will also get 1 year's LBK membership when you sign up! What a lovely way to spend your weekend. And if you don't have your own bike - don't worry, we can lend you one, just let us know beforehand.
Knowledge is power - arm thyself.
(N.B. If you sign up for a class and then can't make it, please let us know 48 hours in advance to get a refund. We cannot give a refund after this period. We also cannot transfer your ticket to a different date. Our classes fill up quickly and spots are highly prized, so if you can't make it please let us know ASAP!)
London Bike Kitchen
28 Whitmore Road
London N1 5QA
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|