Strange Days: A Journey Through The Doors' L.A.
The Doors emerged during a once-in-a-lifetime music scene. In the mid- to late-1960s, Los Angeles was the epicenter of a music and cultural revolution. Rock music changed after The Beatles appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show, and as the dust began to settle, the City of Angels emerged at the forefront of what was new in music.
Strange Days: A Journey Through The Doors' Los Angeles explores the city where The Doors formed and changed the musical landscape.
* the apartment building where Jim Morrison lived on the rooftop and wrote song lyrics for a band he heard in his head
* the studio where The Doors recorded their landmark first two records
* their office and base of operation after achieving success
* some of Jim Morrison's haunts and hangouts
* ground zero of The Doors' rise to famethe Sunset Strip
6603 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028