Food Almanac 2014: Forecasting the Year Ahead in Food Policy and Politics
Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 6:00-9:30 pm (6:00 hors d'oeuvres; 6:40 panel; 8:15 dinner)
Location: Center for Social Innovation, 601 West 26th Street, Suite 325, NYC 10001
Features: predications in food and farm policy and politics, delicious seasonal fare, local beer and wine
Tickets: $50 for FSNYC and CSI members; $60 for non-members; $75 for Almanac entry + FSNYC membership (join FSNYC today and get the Almanac ticket discount!)
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR DISCOUNT CODE, EMAIL CAITLIN@FOODSYSTEMSNYC.ORG
About Food Almanac 2014:
Since 1818, farmers and others have relied on the Farmers Almanac for homey wit, astrological intelligence, and uncannily accurate weather predictions to inform how they live, plant, and harvest.
Now, for the 4th year, the Food Systems Network NYC, inspired by the Farmers Almanac, presents the Food Almanac, a singular opportunity for foodactive friends and supporters to consider all things food in the new year. A panel, with a rich diversity of food systems perspectives, will speculate on the coming year in food and farm policy and practice. And, as New Yorkers anticipate a new City administration, panel prognostications promise to be particularly exciting and illuminating.
Not all will be food for thought! The farm-to-table Cleaver Company will provide food for the body and soul too. The evening will begin with seasonal hors d'oeuvres and a simple winter supper will follow the panel discussion and Q&A. Accompanied by local beer and wine from Brewery Ommegang and Wolffer Estate.
This year, Dr. Nevin Cohen, Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies at The New School will moderate an esteemed panel, including:
- Dennis Derryck, Professor of Professional Practice, The New School and Founder and President, Corbin Hill Food Project
- Raymond Figueroa, Jr., President, NYC Community Gardening Coalition
- Shira Gans, former Food Policy Analyst for Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer & Leadership Committee Member and Program Committee Co-Chair, Food Systems Network NYC
- Mark Izeman, Director, New York Urban Program and Senior Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Diana Robinson, Campaign & Education Coordinator, Food Chain Workers Alliance
- Triada Stampas, Senior Director of Government Relations, Food Bank For New York City
Food Almanac 2014 sponsors include the Centre for Social Innovation, The Cleaver Co., Brewery Ommegang, and Wolffer Estate.
For more information, visit http://foodsystemsnyc.org/food-almanac-2014.
Centre for Social Innovation (View)
601 West 26th St., 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10001
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|