Rule of 10
Rule of 10: two playwrights, two readings, ten rules.
An evening of two staged readings, presenting new one-act plays from ROB ASKINS (Hand to God; EST & MCC) and BRETT EPSTEIN (Slaves of our Lives; The Flea). Each original piece had to adhere to the same ten "rules." .
THE RULE OF TEN:
1. A character who would exist in a Neil LaBute play.
2. An old character who wears too much makeup.
3. Rob must incorporate the first three shuffled songs on Brett's music playlist; Brett must incorporate the first three shuffled songs on Rob's music playlist.
4. A commercial really affects someone.
5. A scene must include two people texting to each other (audience needs to see or hear what the texts say).
6. On pages 3, 6 and 10: Someone passes gas and tries to hide it.
7. That flatulence brings about a deep revelation from another character.
8. A monologue about the documentary Blackfish.
9. "Hey bud, how's this look?"
10. Within the last few pages: the destruction of furniture.
The Tank @ 46th Street (View)
151 W. 46th St. 8th fl
New York, NY 10036
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|