Zwanze Day at Green Bench 2021
We are honored and excited to host Cantillon's Zwanze Day for the fourth time!
- 150 Total Attendees
- Glass + Other Exclusive Zwanze Day 2021 Merchandise
- Guaranteed 4oz. pour of Zwanze 2020 & 2021
- Unlimited 4oz. pours of 16 different drafts in Webb's City Cellar
Featured Cantillon Beers
Brettrave - Zwanze 2020 - The name of the beer is derived from betterave, the French word for beetroot. The beer is 5.5% ABV, the 13th Zwanze beer released, and here's what Cantillon said about it: "This year, we wanted to return to our roots, which inspired the special blend for Zwanze 2020: Lambic with beetroot! The beer's color is intensely red, fluorescent even, and the nose is fruity yet quite earthy. The palate is complex, a nice balance between the acidity of the Lambic and the roundness of the beetroot."
Parasol - Zwanze 2021 - From Cantillon: "Here at Cantillon, were no strangers to experimentation. In the early 50s, Paul Cantillon tried blending Lambic with oranges. The result wasn't exactly spectacular. The refermentation in the bottles was so strong, that the brewery workers at the time were forced to sprint past the bottle in the cellar in order to avoid being hit by popping corks and drenched in beer. Our grandfather, Marcel Cantillon, loved this story and often loved to tell it to us as children. So, 70 years later, inspired by our great-grandfather, we've made a special blend of Lambic and citrus (a blend featuring mostly oranges) in his honor. The acidity of the beer and the fruit and the freshness of the citrus in contrast to the bitterness of their zests makes for a particularly thirst-quenching Zwanze. The name Parasol will remind my fellow Belgians of a certain age of the orange-flavors soft-drink of the same name we used to drink back in the day."
- We will open 1 hour early for Zwanze Day attendees
- Attendees will have access to Webb's City Cellar from 11am-2pm for unlimited 4oz. pours of 16 different draft beers including Cantillon's Nath, Camerise, Magic, Saint-Lamvinus, and Vigneronne
- Attendees are welcome to bring their own bottles to enjoy or share
- We will have additional bottles for purchase in Webb's City Cellar
- Last Call will be promptly at 2pm when we tap Zwanze 2020 & 2021 in the beer garden
- All attendees will be GUARANTEED a 4oz. pour of each Zwanze
- We encourage all attendees to practice social distancing and enjoy their beers in the beer garden as much as possible
- We will be pouring into disposable cups. Attendees may use their Zwanze glass but we will not pour directly into them
- Last Call for the event will be at 2pm in the beer garden when we tap Zwanze 2020 & 2021
- Unlimited pours inside Webb's City Cellar will promptly end at 3pm
- Additional beer will be sold by the glass 3pm - Close
Green Bench Brewing Co. (View)
1133 Baum AVE N
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|