All Out Strongfest 2021
Welcome to the 2nd (kinda) Annual All Out Strongfest, a weight-class free, gender-class free, strongman competition for all!
Strongman is one of the most welcoming and inclusive sports around, but we recognize that there are always barriers to participation. The mission of All Out Strongfest is to eliminate some of those barriers and provide a fun, inclusive, judgement-free opportunity to participate in the sport.
Proceeds from the event will support The Attic Youth Center, Philadelphia's only independent LGBTQ youth center. You can learn more about The Attic here: www.atticyouthcenter.org
In order to create the most inclusive experience possible, All Out Strongfest eliminates weight and gender classes in registration. That means we will not ask you to weigh in or to specify a gender identity to compete. That said, we acknowledge that there is a broad range of strength and experience, so we are offering 5 Groups to choose from to compete. Competitors will self-select into a Group based on the guidelines below. We trust that you will choose the Group that best matches your current abilities, and we are happy to help if you need some guidance.
Group Selection Guide: https://bit.ly/strongfestgroups
Again, if you need help deciding which Group is best for you, just shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help!
This year's All Out Strongfest features 3 iconic strongman events that are guaranteed to make you feel like a total bada$$... and make for some really great social media pix.
Full rules and event weights can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GvoI62k8zfcQ6fWK7T2POz1zgQS56rMt804PZX1iiV4/edit?usp=sharing
The events are...
1) Deadlift Medley: 3 different deadlift implements for time. 2 reps from the floor (Texas deadlift bar), 2 reps from 13" with axle bar, 2 reps basket deadlift with side handles (15" pick height). No straps allowed, no suits/briefs allowed.
2) Atlas Stone Load: Max reps over bar in 60 seconds. Classic Strongman! Tacky, stone sleeves, duct tape, and belts are all allowed.
3) Harness Truck Pull: yup, we're pulling a truck - you can do it!
- The event is capped at 40 competitors with no waitlist.
- To further our mission of accessibility, registration this year will be offered on a sliding scale, or "Pay What You Can," basis. The recommended amount - that allows us to cover our costs AND donate to The Attic Youth Center - is $45 per athlete.
- If this is your first encounter with a sliding scale and you need some guidance on what to pay for your admission, check out our handy guide at the end of this event description.
- This event is *not* affiliated with a sanctioning federation, so competitors do *not* need a membership to any federation to participate.
**OTHER FUN STUFF**
- Spectators are FREE. There will be an opportunity at the entry to donate to The Attic Youth Center.
- There will be vendors and food trucks - stay tuned!
Email Katie at email@example.com with "Strongfest 2021" in the subject line.
**We had SO MUCH FUN at Strongfest 2019, and we're stoked to bring it back for another installment. That said, we know we are in uncharted territory here, and if you've come this far THANK YOU! Creating something new is not easy and often uncomfortable. But here we are... being new and uncomfortable together!**
***SLIDING SCALE GUIDE***
This is based on Alexis J. Cunningfolk's "Green Bottle" Guide.
- Comfortably able to meet all my basic needs, some debt but does not prohibit attaining basic needs, own property or rent a higher-end property, own or lease a car, employed, regular access to health care, access to financial savings, can afford vacation or time off... We Recommend: $55-95
- May stress about meeting basic needs but can regularly meet them, have some debt but does not prohibit attaining basic needs, own or lease a car, have access to healthcare, employed, some expendable income, can buy some new things and thrift others... We Recommend: $35-50
- Frequently stress about meeting basic needs and don't always achieve them, have debt that sometimes prohibits meeting basic needs, do not have a car or have limited access to one, rent lower-end property or have unstable housing, unemployed or underemployed, qualify for government assistance, limited expendable income... We Recommend: $15-30
Power Plant Gym (View)
3100 Mount Road, Suite D
Aston, PA 19014
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Dog Friendly: No|