Learn to grow mushrooms!
Come tour Cascadia Mushrooms' growing facility, meet the farmers, and get a hands-on education in growing Shiitake mushrooms at home. Our crew of growers will guide workshop "students" through the mushroom houses and give a behind-the-scenes look at how delicious specialty mushrooms get from our farm to your fork! After seeing the operation, students get to experience starting their own Shiitake logs for outdoor growing at home; logs that will produce fresh, delicious Shiitake for years into the future.
What to expect when visiting the mushroom farm:
- Dress for the weather. We'll spend some time indoors and some outside throughout the day, so be ready!
- See the mushroom growing process from start to finish in our Certified Organic growing facility
- Tea, coffee & light snacks provided. Please bring some goodies to share if you feel inspired
- Fresh mushrooms, mushroom growing products and mushroom-wear for sale. Some workshop special pricing on select items
- Two inoculated Shiitake logs per paid participant
- A fun-filled educational experience for all!
Cascadia Mushrooms (View)
4771 Aldrich Rd
Bellingham, WA 98226
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|