Face Your Food Workshop
Micro farmer Jollen Gibbs leads the 9th annual hands-on poultry butchering workshop with birds raised on her La Habra Heights farm. You will learn how to kill, de-feather, and process a chicken or turkey cleanly and efficiently.
Due to the workshop's popularity, we're offering two dates
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:00 AM - noon
Nov 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM - 4 PST
BIRDS SOLD SEPARATELY
2425 Panchoy Place
La Habra Heights, CA 90631
If you wish to process your own chicken, for $10 each, you may purchase a live bird (raised at Barley's Farm) to dispatch, pluck, and process yourself. You can also purchase a hand-raised turkey $100 ***Supplies are limited.*** To reserve a turkey, or to have your turkey processed for you, contact Jollen Gibbs: firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 454-0083 cell. Texting is preferred but phone conversations are very welcome.
You will leave the workshop with practical skills, self-confidence, and a chicken or turkey for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Enrollment is limited to 25 participants on each date, and spaces will fill up fast!
This workshop happens rain or shine. We'll be working outdoors so please dress appropriately. It will also be somewhat messy so wear your "grubbies" and work shoes. Each participant should bring:
- a food-safe, clean bucket for processing purposes
- a cooler with ice, to safely transport raw meat
- extra large ziplocs, or other food-safe plastic bags
- cloth rags or paper towels
- a large, well-scrubbed cutting board
- a ***freshly sharpened*** high quality paring knife: 3.5 inches, plain edge blade (not serrated); the blade should be robust, not flimsy. Name brand knives are recommended (Wüsthof, etc.)
Barley's Farm (View)
2425 Panchoy Pl.
la habra heights, CA 90631
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|