WebEx - ReFOCIS
Re-FOCIS is a 2 hour parent awareness program for parents involved in a post-dissolution and/or modification proceeding that involves contested issues of child custody and/or visitation for children 17 and under.
If a post-dissolution and/or modification involves only child support issues please check with an attorney to see if this class will be appropriate.
This course is designed to reemphasize the value of cooperative parenting, to help parents understand the mediation process, and to provide strategies for communicating effectively.
ACCESS TO SERVICE:
Court ordered; pre-enrollment required. Upon filing a modification action parties receive an order of attendance. The cost is $10.00 plus a service fee. Upon completion Family Court Resource Services will forward an attendance certificate to civil records.
Frequently Asked Questions for Parent Awareness Courses
1. How long is the Re-FOCIS class?
Answer: Re-FOCIS is a 2 hours class.
2. I do not have a credit/debit card to register online. What can I do?
Answer: You may purchase a debit card with cash at several local outlets. If you don't have a credit/debit card and/or are unable to obtain one, please contact our office to discuss alternative options.
3. I have tried to register online with my cell phone, but my registration doesn't seem to be going through. What should I do?
Answer: It is recommended that you use a desktop computer to register. Using cellular phones is not recommended.
4. My case only involves child support, do I still have to attend this class?
Answer: If you have received an order from the court to attend you must comply with the court's order. However, if your case involves child support only, consult with your attorney as this course is intended for parents whose case involves contested issues of child custody and/or visitation.
5. The filing fees have been waived in my case as the court has determined that I am indigent. Are my fees for ReFOCIS waived also?
Answer: Contact FCRS at (816) 881-1814 to get more information about your eligibility for a fee waiver.
6. There are no classes available before my court date. What options do I have?
Answer: Classes are offered at least twice monthly and parties are given 45 days after service of process to attend classes so there shouldn't be any difficulties in getting into classes if registration is completed soon after service. If you are unable to register in time you should discuss the matter with your attorney or contact FCRS at
7. I registered for a class but an emergency came up and I was unable to attend. Can I get a refund?
Answer: NO. All sales are final. However, if you paid for a class you are unable to attend you may contact FCRS to arrange for another class at a future date.
8. I have a language barrier and need an interpreter for the class. How do I arrange this?
Answer: Contact FCRS at (816) 881-1814 to arrange interpreter services for your particular class.
WebEx - Online (View)
You will be emailed a Webex invitation for this class
Independence, MO 64050