Successfully Competing for Government Contracts
Port of Seattle's Century Agenda Breakfast Series
This program has been brought to you with assistance of The Capella Group and World Trade Center Seattle.
Successfully Competing for Government Contracts:
How to find, respond, and earn local government contracts
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Networking & Breakfast - 7:30am
Program - 8am to 9am
Our local, regional and state government bodies provide a variety of contract opportunities for small businesses but navigating the process can be intimidating. What is critically important? What niches are being filled? Where can you find RFP's and RFQ's for both services and large projects?
Join us for an informative panel discussion with agency experts to find out what they look for when awarding government contracts, followed by a Q&A.
You'll Learn How To:
- Increase your success when competing for contracts.
- Access opportunities for women and minority owned businesses.
- Locate open RFP's and RFQ's.
- Discern which information you should be providing.
- Understand the niche's agencies are trying to fill.
- Find for disabled populations and returning vets.
- Servando Patlán, Business Diversity & Outreach Manager, Contracts & Legal Services Division of The Department of Enterprise Services.
- Vicki Schiantarelli, Strategic Advisor - WMBE Coordination, Environmental Justice and Service Equity, Seattle Public Utilities.
- Frank Lemos, Founder & CEO, LDC, Inc, The Civil Engineering Group.
- Regina Glenn, Vice President, Multicultural and Small Business Development, Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
- Luis Navarro, Director, Office of Social Responsibility, Port of Seattle.
The Port of Seattle's Century Agenda is a 25-year strategy for supporting working families and building a sustainable regional economy through targeted business initiatives and partnerships with public and private sectors. In support of this work, the World Trade Center Seattle invites you to bring your vision of success to the breakfast table. Want to learn more? Visit portseattle.org and search "Century Agenda"
$40 Members | $50 Non-members
Includes breakfast, networking, program, and Q&A.
World Trade Center Seattle (View)
2200 Alaskan Way, Suite 410
Seattle, WA 98121