Virtual Summer Camp - Making the Impossible: Special Effects & VR - (Ages 11-14) July 27-31
Filmmakers have always been trying to make impossible realities come to life. Whether it's spaceships, strange creatures, hidden worlds, or impossible feats, where there's a will, there's a way! In this camp, you will explore the world of visual effects by learning how to create and record physical and digital effects from the big screen. You'll also learn about virtual reality and how filmmakers are designing projects for this new medium.
What technology and supplies are needed to participate?
1. Each student will need access to a computer that can run Adobe Premiere Pro. NWFF will provide software access or free trials. You will also need a digital camera or mobile phone that can take pictures and video. We'll also cover free app options for recording and editing in the camp. If you would like to take the camp, but aren't sure if you have technology that will work for it, email email@example.com for options.
2. Participants will need to use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service via a device or computer. Zoom meeting details will be sent to all participants a few days prior to the camp start date. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting.
- This camp will meet on zoom, Monday-Friday from 10am-11am. Zoom meetings will include games, explanations of projects, and time for students to share and get to know each other and their teacher.
- From 11am-12pm, and 1pm-2pm campers can schedule an optional 15 minute zoom or phone call for additional support or help with their projects.
- Projects are designed to be completed in 30-90 minutes a day, on your own schedule (including watching video tutorials and working on projects)
Level Up Camp - Special Effects
This Level Up Camp includes bonus tutorials and projects, plus daily, optional Zoom "office hours" with the instructor, from 3-4pm. The Zoom time is for students to talk about their projects or get help with them. Projects will focus on additional effects skills and projects such as using perspective in shots, slow-motion, using green screen or keying, cloning, and more! You can sign up for the Level Up Camp during registration for this camp, in the link above.
Northwest Film Forum (View)
Seattle, WA 98122
|Minimum Age: 11|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|