Virtual Summer Camp - Imagination Animation - (Ages 8-12) June 22-26
In the camp, you will learn how to tell stories with expressive characters and exciting action using animation. You'll start by learning stop motion and hand-drawn animation techniques, and how to create characters that can show emotions. You'll learn how to use a mobile device and free apps to create stop motion animations, how to plan a story, and how to add credits and music. You'll also learn about many different styles of animation, and about animators from around the world through seeing short films from Children's Film Festival Seattle. Make friends, make films, and discover your stories in this camp!
What technology and supplies are needed to participate?
1. Each camper will need mobile device, such as an iPhone or Android phone, or other tablet with a camera, or another type of digital camera and a PC or mac. We'll cover free app options for recording and editing in the camp. If you would like to take the camp, but aren't sure if you have technology that will work for it, email firstname.lastname@example.org for options.
2. Participants will need to use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. Zoom meeting details will be sent to all participants a few days prior to the camp start date. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting.
- This camp will meet on zoom, Monday-Friday from 10am-11am. Zoom meetings will include games, explanations of projects, and time for students to share and get to know each other and their teacher.
- From 11am-12pm, and 1pm-2pm campers can schedule an optional 15 minute zoom or phone call for additional support or help with their projects.
- Projects are designed to be completed in 30-60 minutes a day, on your own schedule (including watching video tutorials and working on projects)
Level Up Camp - Imagination Animation
This Level Up Camp includes bonus tutorials and projects, plus daily, optional Zoom "office hours" with the instructor, from 3-4pm. The Zoom time is for students to talk about their projects or get help with them. Projects will focus on animation techniques and tools such as creating characters with arms and legs that move, creating characters that change sizes, designing 3D backdrops, and drawing in your animation. You can sign up for the Level Up Camp during registration for this camp, in the link above.
Northwest Film Forum (View)
Seattle, WA 98122
|Minimum Age: 8|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|