Valentinetti Puppet Museum's Puppet Making Contest
The Valentinetti Puppet Museum is celebrating National Puppet Day on March 21, 2020 by having a puppet making contest.
1. The contest is open to people of all ages on the deadline date. Children from 0-12, youth are between ages 13-18, individuals and groups of 2 or more.
2. Individuals may enter the contest as many times as they like, but a separate entry form must be completed for each submission.
NOTE: Teachers should send all the entries from their classes together in one (or several, if needed) envelopes or packages. Do not have each student mail his/her entry separately. Every group entry should also contain a class list, listing the students names whose work is included in the group. Please note: Students names only need to be posted on the list once, even if the student submits multiple entries. Class lists also do not need to be split into art and poetry sections; all that is needed on the class list is the name of each student who has submitted work under the guidance of the listed Facilitator. Again, send class entries together, please!
3. All puppets must be original work. A puppet is any inanimate object that is given life through movement and/or sound. Puppets should not exceed 11 by 17 in size-no exceptions. All entries must have a completed entry form affixed to the work along with the registration from Brown Paper Tickets.
4. Puppets will be returned to the artist. Artist agree that photos of the items will be used by the Valentinetti Puppet Museum for promotion. Through submission of works, contestants and/or their legal guardians grant non-exclusive reproduction and publication rights to the works submitted which will not be returned.
5. DEADLINE: All puppets must be received between March 3 - 14 at Collective Vision Gallery, 331 Pacific Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. -3 p.m. or at Silverdale Antiques, 9490 Silverdale Way NW, Silverdale, WA 98383 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wednesday - Saturday. Valentinetti Puppet Museum and its affiliates are not responsible for entries that are late or lost.
6. Winners* will be announced on March 21, 2020 at the Valentinetti Puppet Museums National Puppet Day event.
**Grand prizes are
Child: basket of art supplies // Youth $100
Individual: $100 // Corporation/Organization: $100
Peoples Choice: $100
* Winners must sign an acceptance form.
** Valentinetti Puppet Museum reserves the right to not award a Grand Prize winner in any category if no entry merits such designation.
Valentinetti Puppet Museum (View)
280 4th Street
Bremerton, WA 98337
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|