Booksmith presents Avan Jogia / Mixed Feelings
Booksmith presents Avan Jogia for his debut book, Mixed Feelings: Poems and Stories, in his only San Francisco/Bay Area appearance.
- Advance tickets are no longer available, but tickets will be available at the door.
- This event will be held at Booksmith, 1644 Haight St. in San Francisco. The price of admission is equal to the cost of Mixed Feelings, which is included with each ticket.
From actor Avan Jogia comes a raw and moving collection of poetry, stories, and art about living as a mixed-race person in a world increasingly fixated on racial identity.
In Mixed Feelings, Avan Jogia explores his complicated emotions around race, identity, religion, and family. Drawing on the author's own life story as well as interviews he's conducted with friends and strangers, Mixed Feelings serves as a dialogue starter for difficult topics that now, more than ever, need to be discussed.
Avan Jogia is an artist whose work spans film, writing, and music. He was raised in Canada, the son of an Indian-British father and English-Irish mother. This is his first book.
** Please note **
- This is an all-ages event.
- The duration of this event is up to the author.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- 1 ticket = 1 book, no exceptions. The book must be purchased from Booksmith. If you already have a copy of Mixed Feelings, remember that books make great gifts! If you've already gifted Mixed Feelings to all of your friends, it's ok to buy a different book from Booksmith instead -- in that case, please write events AT booksmith DOT com.
- Signing, photo, and Q&A details to come.
1644 Haight St.
San Francisco, CA 94117
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|
||I will be out of town when this happens!! Augh! Can I purchase a book/Ticket and pick up the signed copy later?|
||Yes, absolutely! If you purchase a ticket/book we will have it signed for you and you can pick it up from Booksmith (1644 Haight St) after the event. We can also ship it to you if you'd prefer to pay shipping costs, in which case please email email@example.com. Thank you!|
||I purchased a ticket but unsure if the event is happening at 1644 Haight or 1727 Haight. The ticket confirmation message says the former but the event description says the latter. Can someone please confirm for sure? Thanks!|
||Hi there! Sorry for the confusion. The event will be at Booksmith, 1644 Haight St. You will get your book there upon your arrival, and that is also where the event will be. Let us know if you have any further questions, and our apologies again for the confusion. See you tomorrow!|