2019 Blues Cruisin' Lunch on the Delaware
The Blues Collaborative is proud to sponsor its 6th annual Blues Cruisin' Lunch aboard the beautiful Spirit of Philadelphia. Departing from Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, you'll be entertained by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue made up of some of the area's finest Blues performers while enjoying a gourmet luncheon buffet.
You'll cruise the Delaware River with views of the Philadelphia skyline, the Walt Whitman Bridge, the Ben Franklin Bridge, and the USS New Jersey. The Blues Cruisin' Lunch takes place on September 22, 2019.
Tickets include the following:
The headliners for this year's Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue are an impressive group of performers from the areas top Blues bands, including this year's phenomenal headliners:
- Admission to board the Spirit of Philadelphia;
- Live music by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue;
- A delicious gourmet lunch; and
- An open bar for beer, wine & soft drinks with a cash bar for mixed drinks.
- Georgie Bonds delivers high intensity performances that hit you hard in the heart with soul-stirring emotion. Writing and singing from a place in his gut most of us will probably never find on our own (thank the Lord), this is traditional blues that ain't from the cotton fields. Forget Delta, Piedmont and all that, this is stuff you can feel down to your toes with thoughts the best newspapers used to publish when they were still in the news business. Killer stuff that'll grab you no matter what your musical taste.
- Billy Pierce is a Wilmington Delaware Blues Slide Guitarist. Pierce has received a number of accolades; a recent one includes: The Saint Georges Session acoustic recording of his song "Take Me Back to the Delta", which won the Big City Rhythm and Blues Magazines first round CD sampler contest 2013. Big City Rhythm and Blues Magazine CD sampler #15 "Rollin On the River" has included Billys "Song for Sonny" that appears on Take Me Back to the Delta. As Billy "Got Slide" Pierce grows his reputation as one great slide guitar player, he is also evolving into a charismatic blues-rock star and singer-songwriter of stylistic depth and emotional resonance. His ability to connect with live concert audiences is transformational, and his latest project, The Billy Pierce Band, Take Me Back To The Delta CD disc: captures the magnetism and maturity Pierce showcases as an artist.
- John Colgan-Davis, a founding member of the Dukes of Destiny, started playing the harmonica in local blues and folk clubs back in the late 1960s while he was still a high school student. He played and recorded with Philadelphia singer-guitarist Jesse Graves and played with Bonnie Raitt when she lived in Philadelphia in the early 1970's. Through Bonnie, John got to meet and play with Mississippi Fred McDowell, Arthur Crudup, Buddy Guy, Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt, and others. He has also jammed with James Cotton, John Hammond, Charlie Musselwhite, John Lee Hooker, Bill Dicey, and Louisiana Red. He has toured the Midwest and recorded two CDs"Cold and Lonesome on a Train" and "Heroes and Hard Times"with Tennessee bluesman Sparky Rucker, and played for three years with The John Cadillac Band. John also taught for 29 years and has written articles and supplements for The Philadelphia Inquirer on Blacks in the American West, Black Literature, the History of Black Philadelphia, and other topics.
- Bev Conklin, also known as BC, began her career as the lead singer of BC & The Blues Crew, formed in 1992. This band, based out of the Lehigh Valley PA, became the premier, female-led Blues band in the region for 18 years with 5 CDs receiving international play and publication reviews. The 5 CDs recorded, represent their singer-songwriter skills and have continued to receive international attention and sales. This group became 1 of 7 bands who made it to the Finals in Memphis TN, during the Blues Foundation's International Blues Challenge (IBC). There, they represented the Billtown Blues Society after winning its local IBC. Most of the band members have received Lehigh Valley Blues Awards over the years for Best Vocalist (BC), All-around Performer (BC), Best Band, Best Website, Best CDs, Best Instrumentalist (wind, keyboards, bass and guitar) and many others over the years.
- Nate Myersis an excellent musician, songwriter, and performer the consummate entertainer who keeps the audience's attention throughout the entire performance. The wide variety of styles, energy and sincerity in his music allows him to fit into nearly any musical genre. On a typical evening, audiences can hear influences from many forms of American music blues, funk, hip hop, rockabilly, country and improvisation. Nate Myers has been billed with and on occasion, shared the stage with many national and regional artists such as Styx, Cheap Trick, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Rick Derringer, Kim Simmons/Savoy Brown, Kansas, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, G Love & Special Sauce, Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials, Big Jack Johnson, Jason Ricci, Steve Guyger, Dennis Gruenling, E.G. Kight, The Nighthawks, Charlie Sayles, Bruce Katz, Billy Price, Carey Bell, Ben Andrews, Robin Trower, Rod Piazza, Luther Allison, E.C. Scott, Chris Thomas King, Michael Burks, Paul Rishell & Little Annie and many others.
The ship will begin boarding at 1:00pm and leave the dock promptly at 1:30pm, returning to the dock at 3:30pm. The music will continue aboard the ship for another hour until 4:30pm when passengers must disembark. During the hour at dockside, the bar will remain open but will convert to a cash bar for beer & wine.
Click Here for a complete schedule of events.
TICKET SALES WILL END AT 11:00PM FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2019!!
TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE!!
Click Here for pictures from the 2017 Blues Cruisin' Lunch.
The Spirit of Philadelphia (View)
401 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|