Chambers-Clover Creek Watershed Issues Forum on Lakes
Community members are invited to participate in the annual forum focused on the protection and restoration of the Chambers-Clover Creek Watershed. Each has a different theme. This year's theme is on lakes. If you are a recreational lake user or lakeside resident, this event is for you!
There will be a panel of guest speakers, opportunities for questions, poster presentations, and networking time.
This is a free event. Refreshments will be provided.
3:00pm Arrive, networking social and viewing posters and partner tables
3:15pm Welcoming Remarks, Renee Buck - Chair
3:20pm 2019 Watershed Issues Forum: State of our Lakes
Panel Presentation: Introduction to Lakes
1. Lakes 101 Isabel Ragland, Pierce Conservation District
2. Lakewoods Lakes Kris Kauffman
3. WDFW Trout Stocking Program, Tara Livingood-Schott, WDFW
Q&A 10 min.
4:05pm Break 20 min. social time, visit tables, view posters!
4:25pm Panel Presentation: Some Lake Challenges and Opportunities
4. Arsenic Mobility and Bioavailability in Lakes Jim Gawel, University of Washington
5.Toxic Algae Program Lindsay Tuttle, Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
6. Facilitating the Creation of a Lake Management District Greg Vigoren, City of Lakewood
7. Forming Nonprofit Community Organizations to Steward Lakes Sandy Williamson, Friends of Spanaway Lake
Q&A- 10 min.
5:10pm Wrap Up & Thanks Renee Buck
Anderson University Center, room 203, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma WA (View)
12180 Park Ave S.
Tacoma , WA 98447
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|