The Flash Technique - Making intense trauma memories more accessible for EMDR Processing 21/9
6 EMDR CPD points awarded by EMDR Association.
Following on from a successful London workshop in 2018 where Dr Philip Manfield taught the Flash Technique to over 150 EMDR therapists, we are pleased to welcome Phil back to the UK for a series of further trainings in Edinburgh, Manchester and London on 21st September, 28th September and 4th October respectively.
Feedback from the workshop included comments such as:
- Literally the best workshop I have ever attended & will leave with skills that will transform my practice.
- Brilliant - I can use Flash immediately in my EMDR practice.
- Comprehensive, interesting and totally compelling.
- Excellent presenter - very clear, engaging, open to questions, interactive and willing to share resources and tips.
Developed in mid-2016, this technique is used during the preparation phase of EMDR, and allows clients to reduce the disturbance associated with extremely painful memories without actually feeling the pain. Defenses that are normally obstacles to processing are not activated because the process is not threatening or painful. Clients who dissociate have less need to dissociate and those who are afraid of the intensity of their memories can process without being afraid. Dramatic reductions in disturbance happen often in 5 to 10 minutes. And, for clinicians, this technique is easy to learn and use.
This workshop will provide the basic skills that will allow attendees to immediately begin using the Flash Technique in their own clinical practices. Review of research that supports and explains Flash Technique are included.
Teaching methods include:
- Videos of Flash Technique sessions
- Live demonstrations with volunteer attendees
- Group practicums in which all attendees experience conducting and receiving the Flash Technique with each other
- Troubleshooting instructions
- Q & A
The workshop fee includes lunch, refreshments, handouts and CPD certificates. Full refunds until 1st August and places are transferrable until 48 hours before event (Contact Brown Paper Ticket 0800 411 8881 for both).
Attendees can also join the flash technique listserv, currently with 950 members, providing the opportunity to receive all the latest developments in the Flash Technique literally as they happen. Although webinars are available, this live workshop offers the possibility for attendees to actually practice conducting the flash technique with each other
Please note: If you want to buy tickets through your organisation (e.g. NHS), a surcharge will apply to cover admin costs. Please contact email@example.com
Edinburgh Quaker Meeting House (The Hall) (View)
7 Victoria Terrace
Edinburgh EH1 2JL
|Kid Friendly: No|