The 2019 Artists & Climate Change Incubator - NEW YORK
New York City
July 22-26, 2019
Leader: Chantal Bilodeau
The Incubator is open to artists, activists, scientists, and educators who want to engage or further their engagement with climate change through artistic practices. All disciplines are welcome and individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations and communities are encouraged to attend. The Incubator is an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives.
During this 5-day intensive, participants interact with accomplished guest speakers from fields such as environmental humanities, climate science, climate change activism, and visual and performing arts. Work sessions allow everyone to dig deep into the challenges and concerns of working at the intersection of arts and climate change such as embracing activism without sacrificing personal vision and artistic integrity, letting go of the idea of "product," and bringing the arts to non-traditional audiences. Group exercises and discussions cover a range of topics including:
- How to think about climate change as a systemic problem
- How to effectively engage communities
- How to take the arts out of traditional venues to reach underserved populations
- How to develop collaborative projects with non-arts partners to achieve specific goals
- How to reframe climate change narratives to energize audiences and create greater engagement with local climate change issues
Limited to 20 participants.
All sessions will take place at the The Lark, 311 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis. Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Visit The Arctic Cycle's website: www.thearcticcycle.org
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lark (View)
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|