|Saturday May 25, 2019 6:30 PM - Sunday May 26, 2019 6:30 PM | $25.00 - $45.00
Barefoot in Black -- The Queen's Mad Room
INFORMATION FOR PERFORMANCE WEEKEND:
Here's what you need to know for this weekend's performances! Please read carefully.
1. Arrive no later than 7! -- Doors open at 6:30, and there will be no admittance after 7:15 due to the nature of the performance. -- Please Plan Accordingly --
2. Wear Black -- everyone is asked to wear black, in any style that suits you. Wear a layer or two as a portion of the evening happens outside.
3. Wear Comfy Shoes -- There's some amount of walking outdoors, so wear shoes that are comfortable and sturdy -- heels are not recommended. They should also be easy to remove.
4. Carpooling or Car Service encouraged -- parking will be unavailable on the property, so attendees will be asked to park on the street. For those arriving by car service, or wishing to drop off some occupants closer to the venue, you will be able to drive down the driveway and drop off passengers before turning around and exiting to park.
5. Light Refreshments Served -- We will be offering beverages and light refreshments throughout the evening, but will not be serving a meal's worth of food. We encourage you to have an early dinner, or plan on going out for food afterwards, if you like eating late. Do Not rely on us as your dinner plan. Do rely on us to provide you some great entertainment, though. :)
Please message Megana email@example.com, with any questions. Can't wait to see you in the Queen's Mad Room.
Barefoot in Black is Back!
There You Go Again Productions is thrilled to return this spring with another rendition of last year's wildly successful Barefoot in Black poetry event! And, for the first time, we offer this performance on two nights instead of just one.
Allow us to pamper you with wine, ambience fit for a queen, and enlivening conversation. We'll treat you to an evening unlike any other in a unique setting that's part dramatic performance, part bohemian lounge. In our signature style, this piece is woven together with music, movement, and poetry spanning centuries.
"There was a room in the palace where the Queens went when they were angry or upset."
This passage, adapted from the ancient Indian epic The Ramayana, provides the inspiration for this year's theme.
A queen. A barren room. Her madness. It's an image at once supremely romantic and devastatingly raw.
Maybe you've been to your own version of this queen's room, or you've thought about going.
Is this a space of freedom and release, or lonely confinement? Does this room exist in a physical place, or in your mind? Will you find clarity there, or darkness? And of course, who will you allow to enter? And what would you say to them if you could?
A topic as timeless as it is timely, an emotion as personal as it is universal. Engage with us in exploring these questions through centuries of poetry conveying love, anger, humor, empathy and beauty. We invite you to throw on some black togs, slip off your shoes, and join with us as we take you on a journey into, and out of, The Queen's Mad Room.
Choose from two nights and three different ticket prices to best suit your needs.
A portion of the proceeds will go towards The Art of Yoga Project www.theartofyogaproject.org
The Mallari Studios (View)
377 Atherton Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
|Minimum Age: 14|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|