Shibari 101: Rope Bondage for Everyone-Los Angeles
Japanese-style rope bondage (Shibari/Kinbaku) is hot, beautiful, connective, and realllly sexy. Come learn the fundamentals of this art in a fun, supportive environment with Jonathan of Seattle Shibari!
In this four-hour workshop + plus one hour lunch break (5 hours total), we'll:
- Explore different foundational techniques and ties used in Shibari, including limb ties and beautiful body harnesses
- Learn different ways to incorporate rope into your own sexy play
- Discuss some of the culture and history of this eclectic Japanese art form
- Examine anatomy & safety issues associated with rope bondage, and learn tips & tricks for tying your partner smoothly.
- We will also discuss consent & negotiation--consent is sexy!
Each tying pair will receive a printed handout to accompany the workshop.
Prerequisite: None. This workshop is appropriate for all genders, sexual orientations, and body types.
-Please bring 3 or 4 pieces of bondage rope, preferably 8 meters to 30 feet in length, and approximately 5-6mm in diameter.
-Please wear clothing suitable for tying and being tied in. No nudity, please.
-Please bring a yoga mat or towel for sitting and tying on the floor.
Class size will be limited to 10 tying pairs. Early registration is highly recommended.
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
About the Educator: Jonathan (Seattle Shibari) is a Seattle-based rope artist who performs on stage, ties for photoshoots, and teaches Japanese-style rope bondage. Jonathan works to spread appreciation for this beautiful art in the Pacific Northwest via his website, SeattleShibari.com. Traveling regularly to Tokyo to continue his personal rope studies, Jonathan has taught numerous sold-out workshops, and teaches & performs internationally.
The Artery LA (Located at the Brewery Artist Lofts) (View)
1980 North Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|