Rope 101: A Pragmatic Approach to Learning Rope Skills
Rope Bondage has a long and storied history, depending on whom you ask. Knowing where rope techniques come from can give you a wonderful idea of traditional methods and styles of rope bondage. Unfortunately, most of the time that history does not translate into real, practical skills you can use to bring Rope Bondage skills into your regular play. This class and its instructor, Geoffrey Quick, brings a more practical approach to teaching rope skills.
This class is for those looking to start building their rope skills, or those looking for a refresher from a pragmatic view point on simple and effective ways to enjoy your rope either alone or with a partner. If you've ever wanted to start playing, but are intimidated by the various ways that rope presenters declare you 'should' practice your rope, this is also a class for you as we take a non-judgmental approach to all the reasons you might want to bring rope bondage into your play.
This class will cover:
* Types of rope and suitable use.
* Health issues and safety in your rope play.
* Terminology and negotiations for rope play.
* Basic ties, including single and double columns, and basic harnesses.
* Tips and tricks for extending your rope, hiding your rope, and other useful photographic and play tips.
You can easily practice many of these ties on your own body but you may wish to bring a partner, or prepare to make friends with your other class participants as we try out our skills on each other!
At the end of the class there will also be a short free-tying period where you can try out various ties and get comments and suggestions from others, as well as the instructor.
We request that you bring at least two 30ft sections of rope of your choice, but there will be lender rope at the venue.
Geoffrey Quick has been an active participant in the Kink Community, and has been practicing rope for over 10 years. In that time he has refined his approach into one where the end result of the scene is the most important part of the use of his rope. Rope is a fine tool, but it is a tool none-the-less to create fun and interesting play.
After you receive your tickets, you will also receive a discount code to the second rope class:
Rope 201: Hogties, Ebis, and Frog Ties, Oh My!
Make sure you look for those codes in your End of Sale Message!
This workshop is going to encourage active participation, but we want to make sure we have an educational and comfortable experience for everyone involved. We follow these principals of teaching consent:
No One is required to participate in anything that makes them uncomfortable. If at any time you feel pressure to participate, you should feel free to speak to a representative of the space during or after the class or workshop.
You are not expected to contribute to the discussion in any way if you do not wish to.
The instructor will inform the workshop attendees of anyone working as a teaching assistant bottom, as well as any of their pre-negotiated rules regarding how the bottom will participate to make sure that attendees are given full awareness of consent.
If there is something unclear in the workshop, you are not required to request clarification at the time, if you wish private clarification, the instructor will give contact information so you may get that clarification if needed.
Purchase of this ticket is acknowledgment of the following:
* You consent to attend an adults-oriented education session, all participants are required to be 18 or older and present ID at time of attendance.
* You consent to being present during adult activities and situations that may include partial or full nudity.
* There is no alcohol or other recreational drugs allowed on the venue premises. If you appear intoxicated, you will be asked to leave.
* RACK Leather and instructor Geoffrey Quick are providing this education session for the purposes of entertainment purposes among consenting adults only. Neither RACK Leather nor Geoffrey Quick is liable for any injuries due to the application of the skills presented in this class demonstration.
* You agree to binding legal arbitration in the case that you choose to bring legal action against RACK Leather, Geoffrey Quick or the presentation venue.
* Photography MAY be allowed at the venue, with the consent of all involved.
Pleasure Bound Studios (View)
Given on Ticket Purchase
Olympia, WA 98502
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|