Mardi Gras Celebration
Let the good times roll! The Mardi Gras Celebration is Sustainable City's first dinner fundraiser. Join us!
Held at a private residence, let us take you to New Orleans for a good old fashioned community get together with food and fun!
Our mixologists from Another Round Another Rally nonprofit are serving signature cocktails while you dine on an authentic NOLA-style jambalaya dinner with andouille sausage and shrimp (vegan option available) served with collard greens, red beans, and grits.
Dress attire: Cocktail / Dance Glam
Proceeds benefit Sustainable City nonprofit.*
*Ten percent of funds raised will be donated to Whittier's new LGBTQ center.
More about Sustainable City:
The United Nations has said the climate battle will be won or lost in cities. Sustainable City agrees: Healing the planet starts at home.
Sustainable City nonprofit sees the small town of Whittier, CA as a laboratory for healing the planet. Were testing programs for sustainability and local self-reliance here, and well share how to do it everywhere.
Our current and planned projects include:
- Sustainable City News: A bilingual Whittier watchdog news source and local events calendar
- Chamber of Sustainability: Advocating for small local business and building the solidarity economy
- Whittier Votes: Programs to rebuild our local democracy including voter education and activation
- Stand Up! Building our communitys future through student leadership and equitable representation
- #WhittierHillsForever: Protecting natural resources and promoting sustainable practices
- Repair Café at the Boys & Girls Club of Whittier in January 2019: Get your stuff repaired!
- Mardi Gras Gala in March 2019
Your donations make all this possible. Thank you for your support!
Morones Residence (View)
14940 Los Lotes Avenue
Whittier, CA 90605
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|