Wellmother Massage for Pregnancy Course
What will I learn on the One Day Wellmother Massage for Pregnancy Course?
* learn comfortable & safe positioning and techniques
* give massage safely in low risk pregnancies during second and third trimester
What will I learn on the Four Day Wellmother Massage and Pregnancy Diploma?
* work for preparing for birth and birth itself and an introduction to work in the postnatal period
* detailed massage techniques and approaches for all areas of the body, especially focusing on the back and the abdomen
* options of working on table, floor or physio ball
* energy approaches (shiatsu based) as well as more traditional Swedish approaches and lymphatic work: for most students the energy work is new: and so you are taught how to integrate it into your massage with oil.
* a practical assessment on the last day gives students the opportunity to work for one and half hours with a pregnant woman
After the course there is a 6 month period of consolidation, involving case study and project work. This is to enable you to integrate the new techniques with your current way of massaging, which may include reflexology or aromatherapy or Thai Massage. After receiving the diploma students can feel confident that they have one of the most rigorous pregnancy massage qualifications in the world.
PLEASE NOTE THE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
*YOU MUST PROVIDE CERTIFICATION FOR A RECOGNISED QUALIFICATION IN MASSAGE OR AROMATHERAPY (WHICH INCLUDES A&P LEVEL 3)
*You should ideally have 100 hours post qualifying experience. If you do not have this number of clinic hours, contact us to discuss. We want to make sure you are confident with your current massage skills and ready to learn new ones.
*Access to pregnant women for case studies
*Up to date insurance
One Day Massage for Pregnancy Course: £90. If you attend the full course within a year of attending a foundation day you receive £50 discount. You can choose whether or not to repeat the Foundation day.
Four Day Massage for Pregnancy Diploma £495. This includes 6 months student membership of the APNT, all assessment costs, certification, course manual. It does not include towels, oils and couches (though there are couches available at the venue).
Four Day Diploma Early Bird: £445 special price for early bird booking 8 weeks before start of course, registrations by 16th March 2019.
Please Note Entrance Requirements:
Recognised qualification in Massage or Aromatherapy (which includes A&P Level 3) with (ideally) 100 hours post qualifying experience. If you do not have this number of clinic hours, contact us to discuss. We want to make sure you are confident with your current massage skills and ready to learn new ones.
Access to pregnant women for case studies
Up to date insurance
Shiatsu & Thai Massage Training Scotland (View)
Standard Buildings, 94 Hope St
GLASGOW G2 6PH
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|