Dirty Words: Litquake's Tribute to Smut
Let smut have its day at this fundraiser benefiting Litquake 2008. Gird your loins for:
* A steamy fashion show from our favorite corset-maker, Stormy Leather!
* Burlesque from Twilight Vixen Review, San Francisco's sensational sextet of queer showgirls!
* Daniel Handler reading from "Watch Your Mouth," a dirty little comic novel about incest!
* Ellen Sussman, editor of "Dirty Words: a Literary Encyclopedia of Sex"!
* Stephen Elliott, editor of "Sex for America" and author of "My Girlfriend Comes to the City and Beats Me Up"!
* Readings from Michelle Richmond, author of "No One You Know" and "The Year of Fog"; AND poet and novelist Kim Addonizio, who Andre Dubus III says writes like Lucinda Williams sings; AND Helena Echlin, author of "Gone"!
* Emcee Kirk Read, creator of "This Is the Thing," an evening of stories about sex work, hallucinations, and the apocalypse!
2050 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|