A workshop exploring the wonderful science of bubbles, studying the shape, vibration, and density of these soapy floating orbs, led by Simon Fortune, an eccentric musical bubbleologist whose bubbly personality helps put the pop into popular science.
Activities will include:
- bubble tables making concentric domes in domes with paper plates and straws.
- bubble wand design with beads and garden wire.
- making/using tri strings with wooden towels weight and string
- kid in a bubble
- making bubble cubes with straws and pipe cleaners, demonstrating how bubbles change their shape according to surface tension.
- elastic cord and moat. experimentation between surface tension and gravity...which wins out?
- making foamers with toilet roll, rubber bands and cloths.
- helium bubbles. exploring gases that are lighter than air.
- bounceable bubbles. using gloves to bounce bubbles. certain fabric such as wool fibres less abrasive to bubbles.
- caterpillar bubble, learning to blow a line of connected bubbles.
Hanover Community Centre (View)
33 Southover Street
Brighton BN2 9UD
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|