Science and Spirit
This Fall, Sotto Voce presents Science and Spirit, a program that grapples with questions about the nature of existence.
- Janet Oates - Atomic Choruses (2014, rev. 2017)
- Gabrielle Cerberville - Phases + Particle (2016 + 2018)
- Elizabeth Baker - @quantumloop #love (2018 - WORLD PREMIER)
- Amanda Feery - Squarpushers (2012)
- Eva Maria Houben - Psalm 117 (2008 - WORLD PREMIER)
- Igor Coehlo Arantes Santana Marques - Ave Virgo (2018 - WORLD PREMIER)
- Gabrielle Cerberville - Ubi Caritas (2014)
Through recourse to ideas from science, religion, and spaces in between, our featured composers have created sonic statements that reflect their own experiences of the world. The musical selections for the show feature melodies, rhythms, and textures inspired by electronic music, and will be accompanied by physical choreography and projections that help elucidate the composers intentions. We are also thrilled that the dynamic New Renaissance Artist, Elizabeth A. Baker - whom we commissioned for this event - will also be visiting Buffalo from Florida for the premier of her new work @quantumloop_#love, and will be performing with us on both her own work (with electronics) and in a joint-interpretation of two graphic scores by Gabrielle Cerberville (on piano). Buffalo-based composer Igor Coehlo Arantes Santana Marques will also be present to perform on piano in the concerts finale, and to premier his own new work, the incredibly challenging but stunning like-voice quartet Ave Virgo.
Universalist Unitarian Church of Buffalo (View)
695 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|