Catalyst Kitchens Train-the-Trainer Immersion Workshop for Chef Instructors, Trainers, and Culinary Staff
Our Train the Trainer workshops are designed for student trainers and programs staff to engage students from day one by creating a strong culture of learning in the kitchen and classroom. This workshop gives chefs and front-line instructors the tools and techniques to more effectively coach, teach, and provide critical feedback to their training populations.
Workshop facilitator and Program Development Manager Justin Smith has years of experience through his time as a Chef Trainer for FareStart and Inspiration Corporation in student training, curriculum development, and a strong knowledge base of the social enterprise training model.
Participants will learn how to:
- Establish a culture of learning in the kitchen and classroom through our Coaching Champions course.
- Engage students from day 1 with consistent language, guidelines, and teaching techniques.
- Lead effective classroom and kitchen lessons for diverse learners.
- Write productive recurring student evaluations for improved departmental communications.
- Build person-centric language and approach to training that foster stable program growth and retention.
- Improve communication regarding student progression among different departments to provide a holistic approach to the student experience and training progress.
- Create and enhance their own lessons and assessment that fit the unique service populations across the Catalyst Kitchens network.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for frontline staff in programs or operations who have direct contact with students within their role. The typical attendee is a chef trainer or supervisor of operations or programs.
Thursday, October 4, 2018, 7:30am-4pm
Friday, October 5, 2018, 8:00am-4pm
Optional Guest Chef Night opportunity on October 4th at 6pm covered by workshop fee, click the link for more details.
700 Virginia Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Members: $500 per person
Corporate and National partners: $625 per person
Non-members: $750 per person
*This cost is to cover the cost of meals, venue, and workshop material fees. Lunch will be provided both days and dinner on Thursday, October 4th at FareStart's Guest Chef Night. All participants are expected to pay for their own travel and lodging. Members please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the members discount code upon ordering.
For questions or access to our members discount code, please reach out to email@example.com with any questions about this training.
700 Virginia Street (@7th Avenue)
Seattle, WA 98101
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|