Schuler Books presents Jim Butcher
Weve been waiting so long to host an event for Jim Butcher, so we know how excited his fans are going to be! The #1 NYT Bestselling author of the Dresden Files is touring for the release of Brief Cases; An all-new Dresden Files story headlines this urban fantasy short story collection starring the Windy Citys favorite wizard.
Tickets are $32 and include a hardcover copy of Brief Cases, to be claimed at the event.
SEATING AT THE EVENT WILL BE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED, with the seating area opening at 1pm. We anticipate this event will be a standing-room crowd, so if you require a seat for medical reasons, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
Mr. Butcher will sign two books. Guests who would like more books signed are welcome to wait until the end of the signing to have multiples signed.
Praise for Jim Butcher and the Dresden Files
Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.Entertainment Weekly
Superlative.Publishers Weekly (starred review)
One of the most enjoyable marriages of the fantasy and mystery genres on the shelves.Cinescape
Butcher...spins an excellent noirish detective yarn in a well-crafted, supernaturally charged setting. The supporting cast is again fantastic, and Harrys wit continues to fly in the face of a peril-fraught plot.Booklist (starred review)
Whats not to like about this series?...It takes the best elements of urban fantasy, mixes it with some good old-fashioned noir mystery, tosses in a dash of romance and a lot of high-octane action, shakes, stirs, and serves.SF Site
A tricky plot complete with against-the-clock pacing, firefights, explosions, and plenty of magic. Longtime series fans as well as newcomers drawn by the SciFi Channels TV series based on the novels should find this supernatural mystery a real winner.Library Journal
About Brief Cases
The world of Harry Dresden, Chicagos only professional wizard, is rife with intrigueand creatures of all supernatural stripes. And youll make their intimate acquaintance as Harry delves into the dark side of truth, justice, and the American way in this must-have short story collection.
From the Wild West to the bleachers at Wrigley Field, humans, zombies, incubi, and even fey royalty appear, ready to blur the line between friend and foe. In the never-before-published Zoo Day, Harry treads new ground as a dad, while fan-favorite characters Molly Carpenter, his onetime apprentice, White Council Warden Anastasia Luccio, and even Bigfoot stalk through the pages of more classic tales.
With twelve stories in all, Brief Cases offers both longtime fans and first-time readers tantalizing glimpses into Harrys funny, gritty, and unforgettable realm, whetting their appetites for more to come from the wizard with a heart of gold.
The Collection includes:
* "Curses," from THE NAKED CITY, edited by Ellen Datlow
* "AAAA Wizardry," from the Dresden Files RPG
* "Even Hand," from DARK AND STORMY KNIGHTS, edited by P. N. Elrod
* "B is for Bigfoot," from UNDER MY HAT: TALES FROM THE CAULDRON, edited by Jonathan Strahan. Republished in WORKING FOR BIGFOOT
* "I was a Teenage Bigfoot," from BLOOD LITE 3: AFTERTASTE, edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Republished in WORKING FOR BIGFOOT.
* "Bigfoot on Campus," from HEX APPEAL, edited by P. N. Elrod. Republished in WORKING FOR BIGFOOT.
* "Bombshells," from DANGEROUS WOMEN, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
* "Jury Duty," from UNBOUND, edited by Shawn Speakman
* "Cold Case," from SHADOWED SOULS, edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie Hughes
* "Day One," from UNFETTERED II, edited by Shawn Speakman
* "A Fistful of Warlocks," from STRAIGHT OUTTA TOMBSTONE, edited by David Boop
* "Zoo Day" - brand-new novella, original to this collection.
About the Author
Jim Butcher is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera, and the Cinder Spires novels. He lives in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Find out more about Jim Butcher online at www.jim-butcher.com.
Schuler Books & Music (View)
1982 W. Grand River Ave.
Okemos, MI 48864
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|