Invest in Minds Not Missiles: Reducing the Threat of Nuclear War
The conference will be held Saturday, April 7th 9am-5pm, and Sunday, April 8th, from 9am-1pm.
- Continuing Dangers from Nuclear Weapons: Prof. Aron Bernstein, Prof. Elaine
Scarry, Prof. Zia Mian, Stephanie Savell.
- International Initiatives Toward Disarmament: Joseph Gerson, Hon. John
Tierney, Charles Knight; Chuck Johnson; Jim Anderson, Chair.
- Political Initiatives: John Tierney; Medea Benjamin; Kristina Romines; Jonathan
King; Andrea Miller, Chair.
- Campus Organizing for Peace & Justice: What Works? What Doesnt? Where
next? Campus Peace leaders including Caitlin Forbes (Mass Peace Action), Kate
Alexander (Peace Action of NY); Eric Stolar (Fordham); Luisa Kenausis (MIT).
- Actions for the Coming Period: Shout heard Round the World Michelle Cunha;
Poor Peoples 40 Day Campaign-Paul Johnson; Peace for Koreans - Mike
Vanelzakker ; Cole Harrison, Chair.
Resisting the Trillion dollar Nuclear Weapons Escalation (Prof. Gary Goldstein; Peter Casey; Prof. Heidi Garrett-Peltier; Richard Krushnic; Guntram Mueller, Chair.
Congressional Budget-Civilian vs Pentagon (Subrata Ghosroy; Andrea Miller; Stephanie Savell; Paul Shannon; Michelle Cunha, Chair).
Dont Bank on the Bomb Divestment Campaigns (William Hartung, Lucas Perry, State Rep. Mike Connolly, Medea Benjamin; Councilor Dennis Carlone, Chair).
Preventing Nuclear Weapons Use (Lisbeth Gronlund; Dr. Kea van der Ziel; Prof. Elaine Scarry; Shelagh Foreman; Jerold Ross, Chair).
Sunday Morning Planning Breakfast:
Student-led session to design and implement programs enhancing existing campus groups, and organizing new ones; extending the network to campuses in Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine;
MIT Room 34-101
50 Vassar St
Cambridge, MA 02139
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|