First Annual San Antonio "Chicken Walk" Coop Tour
This self-guided tour of local coops will begin at the Olmos Basin Farmers Market, 100 Jackson Keller Rd, where registered participants will pick up their map and passport, starting at 9:30 a.m. You are encouraged to bring a cooler for shopping at the market before the tour.
Starting at 10 am., coop visitors may proceed in any order around the map, and can collect a signature on their passports at each stop. The tour will conclude with refreshments, music, and a raffle at the Pittman Sullivan Community Garden, 1111 Dakota St. from 2 to 4 p.m.
NOTE: One ticket per person ages 13 and older (12 and younger are free).
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. TOUR WILL GO ON, RAIN OR SHINE.
Location: Coops in the San Antonio city limits.
This is an outdoor event. Please dress and hydrate accordingly.
* Restrooms will not be available for use at coop locations.
* Stay in designated areas around the homes and coops.
* Supervise your children.
* Use the provided sanitary measures to prevent cross-contamination from one coop to another.
* Park vehicles on the street or in designated areas without blocking driveways.
* Do not bring dogs or other pets on the tour.
* Do not chase, taunt, feed or handle any birds or other pets on the coop owner's property.
* Do not smoke at coop sites.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
By purchasing these tickets, I acknowledge for myself and on behalf of those for whom I purchase tickets for the 2018 San Antonio Chicken Walk, that the Coop Tour is a voluntary event. We hereby assume all of the risks of participating in this event. We further agree to release and hold harmless the Food Policy Council of San Antonio, coop owners, sponsors, and volunteers from any liability due to loss, damage or personal injury to, from or on the premises of said coops, and in transit. We agree to abide by any and all rules and instructions made by the organizers and coop owners while attending this tour.
Olmos Basin Farmers Market, starting point (View)
100 Jackson Keller Road
San Antonio, TX 78216
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|