So You Want To Be A Nonprofit? - S. King County Only
Should we become a nonprofit or something else?
This training will cover considerations that community members should be thinking about and planning for before they make the decision to create a nonprofit organization.
In this interactive workshop, participants will receive information that will assist them to:
- Decide if a nonprofit is the best structure for addressing the community need they have identified; and
- Understand the process for forming a Washington State nonprofit corporation and/or applying for IRS tax-exempt status.
Topics well cover include:
- what you need to know before forming a nonprofit (look before you leap);
- how to assess your readiness to form and sustain a nonprofit;
- simple steps to take you from your dream to nonprofit with IRS 501 (c) (3) tax- exempt status;
- helpful hints and pitfalls to avoid when forming your organization; and
- much more!
Sarah Tran, Nonprofit Assistance Center and
Jodi Nishioka, Wayfind.
This training is part of our South King County Nonprofit Legal Training Series and is sponsored by The Seattle Foundation and City of Kent for the South King County community, and is partnership of Wayfind and the Nonprofit Assistance Center.
Dinner will be served at 5:30 pm and the presentation will start at 6:00 pm.
Wayfind and NAC Offices (View)
515 W. Harrison Street, Suite 208
Kent, WA 98032
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|