This conference is titled: "Serving Those Who Serve: Enhancing Perspective, Reducing Barriers, and Creating Helping Opportunities."|
This is the fall conference of the Connecticut Social Work Oncology Group. These conferences are held twice a year on pertinent topics for oncology social workers or other health care professionals working with oncology patients.
The program's speaker will be Amy B. Otzel, M.A., M.S., LPC
Amy Otzel is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Retired U.S. Army Behavioral Health Sergeant, Iraq War combat theater Veteran, and former Readjustment Counseling Therapist with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and State of Connecticut Military Support Program Clinician. While informed by graduate degree achievements in psychology, professional counseling, and integrative health & healing, Amys personal journey to inspire her own health, wellness, and the healing from trauma has enhanced her endeavor to contribute forward in healing service to others. Committed to holistically-minded integrative mental health practice, Amy is currently continuing the mission in service to military members, Veterans, and their families in private practice.
Learning objectives are:
1. Assess for military status and distinguish aspects of military and veteran culture
2. Identify stressors common to military troops and their families
3. Recognize barriers to care and employ frameworks of interaction to reduce constraints
4. Discern and locate assessment tools related to conditions of trauma and stress
5. Familiarize with Military and Veteran suicide prevention resources
6. Relate to warrior resources and the need for skills adaptation
*This program meets the CT/NASW educational requirements for Training in Veterans Services.
* This program has been approved for 3 CEC's by the Connecticut Chapter of the
National Association of Social Workers *
Gaylord Hospital, Chauncey Conference Center (View)
Gaylord Farm Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|