IMPROV IV: IMPROVISING THEATER
In this advanced-level class, we'll dive deep into the necessary skills of the Improviser (with a capital I): improvisation, acting, directing and playwriting. Then, we'll put it all together as we introduce various mid and long-form performance structures such as The Harold, The Montage, and the Mono-scene.
We'll focus on:
1. Tapping into our "core spontaneity" and living "in the zone"
2. Discovering the "Micro-offer" and making the most of it
3. Intense partner connection via elements of the Meisner acting technique
4. Complete character development and discovering truthful emotions
5. Stagecraft and visual storytelling
6. Dramatic dialogue vs. everyday conversation
7. Completing the character journey
This is the class that will empower you to stop doing improv and start improvising theater.
Instructor: Kenn Adams
Schedule: Sundays from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
# of classes: 6
Maximum # of students: 16
Waterfront Playhouse and Conservatory (View)
2020 Fourth Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|