Roadhouse Concert VII - Suzie Vinnick & Danielle Miraglia
This will be a very special house concert featuring two immensely talented, award winning female artists--Suzie Vinnick and Danielle Miraglia.
NOTE: This is a FREE concert. However, we do appreciate any support you can provide to help us bring great artists, such as Suzie and Danielle, to the Roadhouse Concerts with a contribution to support the artists. The amount is up to you, but we suggest $20 per person. If you are so inclined to make a contribution, you can do it the day of the concert or, for your convenience, you can provide a $20 contribution along with you RSVP above. A contribution is not required to attend the show, but we do appreciate any support you can provide.
Suzie Vinnick is a Saskatoon native now living in the Niagara Region of Ontario. She possesses a gorgeous, powerful voice and performs with a sweet mixture of engaging candidness and unparalleled musicianship. Suzie has received number honors for her music. She is a six time winner of Canada's Maple Blues Award for Female Vocalist of the Year. Her more recent awards include:
- 2013 Finalist in the Solo/Duo Category at the International Blues Challenge
- Winner of 2 - 2012 Maple Blues Awards for Acoustic Act and Female Vocalist
- Winner of CBC's 2012 Great Canadian Blues Award
- 2012 Sirius XM Canada Blues Artist of the Year
- 2011 Canadian Folk Music Award for Contemporary Singer of the Year
- Nominated for 2012 JUNO award in the Blues Album of Year Category
- 1st place in the Blues Category of the International Songwriting Competition
"Her solo work jumps genre barriers with the ease of an Olympic hurdles champion Shes equally at home in folk, blues, pop and country."
Kerry Doole, Exclaim Magazine
Danielle Miraglia comes armed with a strong steady thumb on an old Gibson, an infectious stomp-box rhythm and harmonica with tunes ranging from heart-felt to socially conscious that will move both your heart and hips. On her latest Glory Junkies she's joined by a killer cast of musicians blending the classic rock vibe of The Rolling Stones and Janis Joplin with Danielle's signature lyrical ability to explore human nature at its best and worst. Among Danielle's many awards are:
- 2015 Boston Music Award Nominee for Singer/Songwriter of the Year
- Mountain Stage NewSong Northeast Regional Winner!
- NERFA Formal Showcase Artist!
- Falcon Ridge Emerging Artist!
- RedLine Roots Big Red Favorite Local Female Songwriter!
- Honorable Mention - Telluride!
"Danielle is a dynamic and captivating musician; her rich soulful voice and blues guitar mastery resonate in a performance both rare and unforgettable."
- Paul Patchel, State Street Blues Festival - Media, PA
This event will be an intimate concert by two of today's most entertaining and important roots music artists. More information about Suzie and Danielle, including music samples and performance videos, is available at their web sites:
The concert will open with a set of Blues by of the area's favorite bands, the Porkroll Project.
The Home of Buddy and Sandy Cleveland (View)
1 Normandy Circle
Glenmoore, PA 19343
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|