Harvest Moon Celebration
The Huntington's Harvest Moon Celebration commemorates the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, a beloved Chinese tradition celebrating family and friends. Dating back more than 2,000 years, it marks the end of the summer harvest. The festival is a time to gather with loved ones outdoors, eat sweet moon cakes, admire the harvest moon, and celebrate the abundance of life. The full moon is a symbol of prosperity, wholeness, and reunion.
- Enjoy the sights, sounds, and flavors of a traditional Chinese festival
- Stroll through Liu Fang Yuan, one of the largest and most authentic Chinese gardens outside of China
- Sample delicious Chinese and Asian-inspired cuisine, and sip wine, beer, and Baijiu
- Listen to traditional Chinese music performed live by the lake featuring the Traditional Chinese Musical Ensemble of the Tianjin Dance and Song Theatre of China
- View "Beautiful China," a photography exhibition featuring works by Xinhua News Agency
This is an exclusive event with a limited number of tickets available; reserve your space early! Smart casual/festive attire. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Only the Chinese Garden and surrounding area will be open for this evening event.
The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, Chinese Garden (View)
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|