The Nursery Improvised Theatre Class
Improvised Theatre is the second stage on the Nursery journey. In this course, you will learn to deepen and extend your scenes and use them as inspiration for the. It builds on the material in the first course and gives you the skills you need to connect your scenes into shows! By the end of this course, you will be able to present a montage-style longform show where the scenes themselves present the structure. Based in the legendary longform structure Harold, but treating the structures , we explore different ways to bind shows together.
Your scenes will be deeper, richer and more realistic.
Course runs 10.30-5pm Daily.
Skills learnt during this course include:
- Working from suggestions to create a variety of scene starts
- Smooth, easy transitions between scenes
- Longform editing and group techniques to support and add to scenes
- Working as a team to support the scene that is taking place onstage
- Returning to characters and situations in a useful, inspiring way, exploiting, but not being bound to the classic rule-of-three
- Noticing and exploiting theme to easily make a show cohere
- Further understanding of stagecraft and how genre and theatrical style can help your shows
NB Class bookings are final, no money can be refunded and the Nursery does not keep waiting lists. However, if you find someone who can take your place, just email us 24 hours in advance.
The Nursery Training Centre, Capital House (View)
Weston Street (North end)
London SE1 3QD
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|