Dates: Thursday, January 26, 2017|
Times: 1-3 pm
Location: The Powerhouse
Instructor: Jennifer Miller
You'll love this fun beginning class for knitters who are itching to make a lace shawl! Using the Ashton Shawlette pattern by Dee OKeefe, well get started on an easy-to-follow triangle lace pattern. This content-rich class will include information on:
- Basic shawl construction and geometry;
- Beginning a shawl using the garter tab method;
- Reading a lace chart, including symbols, tips, and tricks;
- How to make a shawl bigger or smaller with confidence;
- Easy and stretchy bindoff methods;
- Creative ideas for shawl colorwork;
- Working with handpainted and tonal yarns to show them off beautifully.
Instructor, Jennifer Miller, shares all the tips and techniques on lace knitting that she has developed over the years. At the end of this class, youll feel confident that you can create this lovely shawl with a minimum of assistance! Please bring: 1-2 skeins fingering weight yarn for a shawl project (at least 375 yards), wound into cakes or balls, ready for knitting. Size 4 and 5 double point or straight needles, as well as size 4 & 5 24 or 32 circulars, stitch markers and your basic tool kit. Participants should know how to cast on, knit, purl, yarn over, ssk, k2tog.
Class size limited to 12 participants.
YAC Members call 662-236-6429 for a discount code!
Payments cannot be processed on a tablet or mobile device. Please register using your computer.
The Powerhouse Community Arts Center (View)
413 South 14th Street
Oxford, MS 38655
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|