BDSM & GOD: Can FAITH and FETISH Co-Exist?
Are you having trouble reconciling your spitituality or religon with your kink? You're not alone. BDSM is not a mental illness, a moral failure or a "sin". It is a sexual orientation; you were born this way. Faith and Fetish are not mutually exclusive. Come join an interesting & thought provoking discussion that will challenge your belief systems and open up new and unexpected doors. Meet other like-minded people struggling with the same issues.
Some of the topics we'll explore will be:
1. What do the sacred writtngs of the major (an not so major) religions actually say about BDSM?
2. What are the different kinds of sacred writings?
3. The difference between God, Religion and Spirituality and how this can be a source of comfort
4. The purposes of rules governing sexuality in sacred writings
5. The belief system we've formed about God and the Universe. Is it true?
6. How does the vanilla world at large view us and our place in our faith? Are they right?
7. What coping and communication skills can we use to better accept ourselves and so others can better accept us?
8. The 8th House: Sex and Spirituality
Moderator: Mss. Tara Indiana
Mistress Tara Indiana has been active in the fetish scene for 25 years both personally and professionally. She is also a biblical scholar and a student of theology, world history, evolutionary science and physics. Through her 30 years of study, she has learned that sex, science and spirituality can and do co-exist.
You don't have to be religious to participate in this group although religious people are welcome. You just have to have a belief in a higher power, a desire to feel accepted by that power and by the people you that are important to you.
This class is open to of people ALL denominations, genders and orientations who are open minded, non-judgmental and sincere. No proselytizing will be done or permitted. Feel free to bring and share your own book of faith for questions and feedback.
$20 in advance
Den of Iniquity (View)
East 6th Street & Alameda
Los Angeles, CA 90013
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|