Historic Stimson-Green Mansion Tour
Designed by Spokane architect Kirtland Cutter, built by C.D. and Harriet Stimson and completed in 1901, the Stimson-Green Mansion is one of Seattle's most impressive examples of eclectic architecture. Located at 1204 Minor Avenue on First Hill, the Mansion's exterior half-timber work and its many wooden gables and pointed arches are stylistically medieval English Tudor while the interior rooms combine elements from various historical styles, including Moorish, Romanesque, Gothic, Neoclassical, and Renaissance.
The Stimson-Green Mansion is a local City of Seattle Landmark, listed on both the Washington Heritage Register and the National Register for Historic Places.
Thanks to the generous donation of the Stimson-Green Mansion by Patsy Bullitt Collins in 2001, the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation is proud owner and steward of one of the most significant residential landmarks in Seattle.
Limited free parking is available in our surface lot located immediately north of the Mansion. Paid street parking has a two-hour limit. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
PLEASE NOTE: The Mansion is not ADA accessible, but we do offer off-site virtual tours by arrangement. Special tours can be arranged for groups outside of our public tour schedule. Please call the Washington Trust for more information: 206-624-9449.
The Stimson-Green Mansion (View)
1204 Minor Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|