Are you a woman ready to explore taking the first steps toward your dream of starting a farm? Do you have lots of ideas but need advice on where to start? |
Come for an inspiring day of advice, ideas and seasoned perspectives from the Wisconsin Soil Sisters, an innovative network of local women championing organic and sustainable agriculture in their community. Learn from experienced women farmers and gather resources for your farm launch. This workshop is facilitated by the Wisconsin Farmers Union South Central Chapter in partnership with the MOSES Rural Women's Project. Consider staying for the full Soil Sisters weekend, including additional workshops, culinary events, farm tours and more.
* Kriss Marion, Circle M Market Farm
* Beth Wright, Winterfell Acres
* Dela Ends, Scotch Hill Farm
* Lindsey Morris Carpenter, Grassroots Farm
* Peg Sheaffer, Sandhill Family Farms
* Lisa Kivirist, Inn Serendipity Farm and B&B, host
Topics covered include:
- Lessons from the field: Advice for your first year
- Organic certification
- Time management, self-care and farm-life balance
- Farming solo
- Farm diversification: farmstays & farm-to-table dinners
- Value-added products in your home kitchen through cottage food law
- Running a family farm with kids
- Renewable energy on the farm
BONUS #1: Includes a locally-sourced lunch
BONUS #2: Includes a copy of the book SOIL SISTERS: A Toolkit for Women Farmers (a $24.95 value), by Lisa Kivirist.
BONUS #3: A free copy of Renewing the Countryside: WISCONSIN will be given away to every family, couple and/or household registered for a particular workshop (a $26.95 value); the free book giveaway is limited to one copy per residential address of attendees.
CANCELLATION POLICY: NO REFUNDS. SOIL SISTERS has a no refund policy. You can, however, transfer your ticket to another person, provided that person is in possession of the ticket at the time of the workshop.
Inn Serendipity Bed and Breakfast and Farm (View)
W7843 County Road P
Browntown, WI 53522
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|