Alphabet District Culinary Tour
Explore the historic Alphabet District and NW 23rd Avenue, and taste culinary treasures. You'll sample local craft beer, seasonal small plates, cocktails, tiny artisan cookies, micro-batch coffee, food cart goodness, and more, made with the seasonal ingredients that Oregon is famous for. You'll get the stories behind the tastes through conversations with chefs, restaurant owners, and food crafters.
We will make 6-8 stops to taste while cruising through one of the city's oldest neighborhoods and exploring Portland's exciting food culture. Capture the feel and personality of the area and get to know Portland.
On this tour, you might find some of the following tastes
- mimosas with local rhubarb reduction
- salad of spring greens with herbed goat cheese, grilled portabellas, and local hazelnuts
- reuben sliders with hardwood smoked pastrami
- india pale ale from a Portland brewery
- seasonally-inspired French pastries
- gourmet nut butter sandwiches grilled on challah bread
- asparagus risotto with prosciutto and pecorino
- seasonal cocktails made from Portland craft spirits
- gourmet pizzas with local cheese and house cured charcuterie
- strawberry basil french macarons and salted chocolate chip cookies
* Please note that tastings are subject to seasonal changes and to the whim of the chef!
Please wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing. We are Portlanders, so tours take place rain or shine! Let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary restrictions, in many cases we can make substitutions.
Duration: 3 hours, about 1.7 miles of walking
Tour Cost: $65.00 (includes all food, beverage, and your expert tour guide)
Meeting Location: Near NW 23rd and NW Savier. Specific location, transportation and parking information provided at ticket purchase.
NW Portland's Historic District (View)
Portland, OR 97210
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|