X
View our current Customer Support status
  View site in English, Español, or Français
The fair-trade ticketing company.
Sign Me Up!  |  Log In
 
Find An Event Create Your Event Help
 
Richard Wolff: The Problem is Capitalism. The Solution is Democracy at Work
First Congregational Church of Berkeley
Berkeley, CA
Share this event:
Get Tickets
There are no active dates for this event.
Advance on-line tickets are no longer available. Tickets will be available at the door.


Event

Richard Wolff: The Problem is Capitalism. The Solution is Democracy at Work
Government bailouts and stimulus plans failed repeatedly to end unemployment and home foreclosures. Wages, salaries, benefits and job security keep declining. A political system funded by corporations and the rich refuses to tax or control them; instead it cuts the public jobs, services and programs we need now more than ever. The top 1% remake society at the other 99%'s expense. Executives' and politicians' promises change nothing. More regulations and laws for corporations and the rich to evade? We've been there and done that through every capitalist crisis since the Great Depression of the 1930s. That never prevented the next crisis. The lesson to be learned: To overcome capitalist crises, we must go beyond capitalism to something new: establishing Democracy at Work.

$12 advance tickets available now: 800-838-3006 or: independent bookstores 1 month before event: Pegasus Books (3 locations), Mrs. Dalloway's, Moe's Books, Walden Pond, DIESEL, A Bookstore,  ($15 door)

Location

First Congregational Church of Berkeley (View)
2345 Channing Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
United States

Categories

None

Contact


Contact us
Email
support@brownpapertickets.com
Phone
1-800-838-3006 (Temporarily Unavailable)
Resources
Careers
Developers
Help
Ticket Buyers
Track Your Order
Browse Events
Locations
Event Producers
Create an Event
Pricing
Services
Buy Pre-Printed Tickets
The Venue List
Find out about local events
Get daily or weekly email notifications of new and discounted events in your neighborhood.
Sign up for local events
Connect with us
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Watch us on YouTube
Read our blog
Get to know us
Use of this service is subject to the Terms of Usage, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy of Brown Paper Tickets. All rights reserved. © 2000-2022 Mobile EN ES FR