SFC Pie Social and Competition - 3rd Annual
The San Francisco Pie Social & Blue Ribbon Competition is back and we are hoping you and your friends will join us for more pie and fun in 2015.
What: 3rd ANNUAL SF PIE SOCIAL & BLUE RIBBON COMPETITION
Plus: Live music, fun for the kids, fabulous prizes for the best pies, and more!
When: Sunday, April 19, 11:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Where: Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa St., San Francisco
Tickets: $15/adults, $5/kids for general entry; $25 in advance to enter the pie competition (rules below).
Grand prize: KitchenAid Mixer, generously donated by Williams-Sonoma.
Everyone who attends gets two pieces of pie! The contest will be emcee'd by Ruby Vixen, with music by Paul Griffiths & Friends. Fun for the whole family! Facepainting, balloon animals, and more!
Our esteemed judges:
Jessica Battilana, Food Writer
Anna Derivi-Castellanos & Lenore Estrada, Three Babes Bakeshop
Greg Mindel, Neighbor Bakehouse
Elizabeth Prueitt, Tartine
Lisa Ziebel, Mission Pie
SFC is also holding an auction online -- details coming soon!
Tickets will be limited so don't wait to enter and to buy your tickets!
Proceeds benefit San Francisco Community School, a K-8 public school located in the Excelsior.
We look forward to seeing you April 19!
Pie Contest Rules (enter by purchasing a "Competition" ticket):
1. The contest is open to anyone wishing to bake homemade pie - well, TWO of the same homemade pies: one for the judges and one for the crowd.
2. Contestants must make their own pie crust.
3. Those entering the contest need to have their pies checked in by 11:00 on April 19.
4. Special requests for pies, such as refrigeration, may not be able to be accommodated. Please inquire within.
5. We recommend that pies be baked in disposable pans only so that getting dishes returned doesn't become a challenge for those entering the contest.
6. Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
7. Top Three Winners will receive ribbons and prizes; Fourth and Fifth Place Winners will receive prizes and certificates.
8. If you wish to bake a pie and not have it judged we will be happy to accept it and sell whole or by the slice to raise money for SF Community School.
9. Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for entering your pies!
Note: To participate in the pie contest, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and the name and type of the pie(s) you intend to make. There is no limit to the number of pies you can enter. Please note that there is a $25 entry fee per pie entry.
The Verdi Club (View)
San Francisco, CA 94110
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|