Scrum Master Skills Training 1-Day Class from FreeStandingAgility.com
This advanced 1-day course is designed for anyone that wants to gain a deeper understanding of the skills needed to be an effective Scrum Master. The class will provide the tools and techniques needed to foster self organization, encourage collaboration, facilitate team events, and grow team problem solving. After completing this class, you'll have a solid understanding of what your role as a Scrum Master is, what it isn't, and the practices you need to do it well.
Here's a quick list of the topics the class covers:
* Learning what the Scrum Master is and what it is not
* Comparing Scrum Master to Project Manager role
* Importance of self-organization and how to help a team achieve it
* Helping the team through process change
* How to facilitate the Scrum events and team decision making
* Running effective retrospectives
* Helping the team solve problems using Force Field Analysis and A3 process
* How to recognize and handle challenges to effective delivery using Scrum
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is currently performing the role of Scrum Master or is considering becoming a Scrum Master.
Still Need Convincing?
Read what some students have said.
"I would strongly recommend this class."
- Heather Mardis, Motorola Mobility/ARRIS
- Britt McKinley, Motorola Mobility/ARRIS
"There is a lot that I will apply to my daily job."
- Phillip Connaughton, RunKeeper
"You can't beat the value that you get in a single day."
- Kanda Alagappan
"Well structured course run by 2 personable and knowledgeable presenters. If you aspire to be an effective Scrum Master, I would recommend."
- Trevor Satour, Building Indigenous Capability, Australia
"Very informed, engaged instructors."
- Donna Graves, Copyright Clearance Center
"I would recommend it. Good overview of topics and concepts. Instructors were great."
- Jonathan Wilson, Veeder-Root
"Great class. Good useful tips and ideas I will implement in practice."
- Justine Winkelman, Copyright Clearance Center
"Informational, useful, and practical for anyone who is currently or aspiring to be a Scrum Master."
- Jason Flowers, VFA Inc.
"I would definitely recommend this class I found it very engaging and helpful. I am going to try and employ what I learned on my next project."
- Karen Vitari, Copyright Clearance Center
"The small group size is a major plus , allowing the instructors to talk about thinks that really matter to the students."
- John Caldas, Apperian, Inc.
"Instructors and content were great. It was an eye opening experience."
- Kathy Comtois, Copyright Clearance Center
Knowledge of Agile and Scrum fundamentals, attended an Agile ASAP class, attended a Certified Scrum Master class, are currently performing the role of Scrum Master.
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Class Day Travel Tip:
Traffic on I-95/128 is a wildcard and can be "unpleasant" before class time. The best idea is leave early and target getting to classroom between 8:30-8:45.
The dress code for the class is casual. Come comfortable and ready to engage in learning.
A box lunch will be provided.
The course instructors are from FreeStanding Agility, a team of Agile educators, trainers, and coaches with over 12 years of combined experience, coaching and/or training Agile teams in over 100 different organizations.
HYATT house Boston/Waltham (View)
54 4th Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|