San Diego City Attractions & History Tour with TourGuideTim
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT TO SAN DIEGO
Start your day (and your San Diego visit) with your expert guides Tim or Victor for a comprehensive look at all of the attractions in and around downtown San Diego in under 2.5 hours. They will share all there is to do in San Diego while providing background on its history and communities that makes it "America's Finest City".
The tour includes two stops for guests to take in the scenic vistas of the Pacific Ocean at Sunset Cliffs and a walking tour past the museums at famous Balboa Park, which is also home to the San Diego Zoo. (Note: Accommodations can be made for those who have difficulty walking by staying with the driver who will point things out while the guide provides the walking tour.)
Yes, this tour provides a driver and a guide. You get two people leading your experience, which allows guests to ask, see, do, and learn a lot more than on a standard tour, where the driver serves as the guide.
WHAT ATTRACTIONS YOU WILL SEE & LEARN ABOUT DURING THE TOUR
1. San Diego Bay - USS Midway Aircraft Carrier and San Diego Maritime Museums.
2. Point Loma and Sunset Cliffs
3. Ocean Beach
4. Old Town
5. Mission Hills and Hillcrest
6. Balboa Park - San Diego Zoo, Air & Space Museum, Natural History Museum, and over a dozen other museums and cultural centers.
8. East Village and Gaslamp District, including Petco Park.
9. Convention Center and Seaport Village
10. Little Italy
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THIS TOUR
* Knowledge of what to see and do and advice for making the best use of your time to get the most out of your visit at the various attractions.
* History of San Diego, which is the 'Birthplace of California' and the oldest settlement on the west coast of the United States.
* A feel for the local communities, what makes San Diego a special place for the people who live here, and why so many people move here from all over the world ... the great weather helps but there is much more!
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE A TOUR WITH TOURGUIDETIM
* A Top Contributor to TripAdvisor used this headline for their review of a TourGuideTim tour that best describes what you will get from our expert guides: "Knowledgable, Friendly, Flexible, Professional, Clear Voice".
* Professional driver who takes care of getting us around town so our expert guide can focus on making sure each guest is enjoying their experience, provide individual attention, answer questions, and much more.
* Comfortable charter bus with plenty of elbow room. (We won't squeeze you in.)
* Small group size - approximately 20 or fewer guests, who choose TourGuideTim tours because they want to learn alongside other interested guests and expect the best.
Meet Tim by watching him here: http://youtu.be/WQ2wYrA2aOc
Meet Victor by watching him here: http://youtu.be/pNutYnuUaDM
Time: Starts at 9AM and ends at 11:15AM.
[When you reserve the City Tour, you will receive an offer in your confirmation email for $8 off a COASTAL SAN DIEGO TOUR TO LA JOLLA AND TORREY PINES with TourGuideTim. That tour runs from 12PM - 5PM and is one of the most scenic tours in the world. Visit http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/534087 for details.]
*Contact TourGuideTim directly at Reservations@tourguidetim.com or 1-231-Tim-Tour (846-8687) to ask questions or request that we consider adding another date to the schedule.
*Plan to arrive at the Santa Fe Train Depot (serving AMTRAK, Coaster, & San Diego Trolley) at 8:45AM to check in and board the bus. Meet outside - The bus will have 'TourGuideTim' signs. Your guide will be wearing a white 'TourGuideTim' visor.
*The Santa Fe Train Depot departure and return point is within walking distance of many downtown San Diego and Convention hotels, Visitor Center, Cruise Ship Terminal, and San Diego Harbor Attractions.
*If you have difficulty walking or can not find a convenient method to reach the Santa Fe Train Depot, let us know in the comment box at the end of the reservation process and we will work with you to see if there is a way to assist. For example, the driver can pick up guests staying near Old Town, Gaslamp Quarter, and downtown convention hotels prior to the tour.
****Notices and Disclaimers****
San Diego County's beauty is due in part to its varied topography, which includes beach bluffs, cliffs, caves, and hilly terrain. As a tour guest, you agree not to be tempted to get too close to these hazards. To keep my insurance company happy, you agree to assume all risk associated with the tour, including, but not limited to the hazards presented by this varied topography.
You also agree not to hold TourGuideTim, Inc. liable for services or goods provided by third parties before, during, or after the tour, whether or not those services were arranged or recommended by TourGuideTim personnel.
You acknowledge TourGuideTim, Inc may use pictures and videos taken of tour participants, at their approval, for promotional purposes without providing any financial remuneration.
You acknowledge adjustments may be made on rare occasion to the designated tour stops due to special events that force the tour to take alternative routes.
You acknowledge tours may be canceled for any reason. In those cases, refunds will be provided.
Any refunds requested from Brown Paper Tickets must be approved by TourGuideTim, Inc. Refunds will generally be granted up until 24 hours before the selected tour date.
Starts outside the Santa Fe Train Station (View)
1050 Kettner Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101