Feeling Gloomy Gets Kate Bush-y
At Feeling Gloomy industries (NYC branch) one of our favorite things to do is blast Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights at a loud volume and watch as people float and flip about the room duplicating Kate's crazy moves. We decided that Miss Bush is vastly underappreciated in our fair city, so we're going to make a night of it. So:
- Gordon and Nathaniel Gloom will play all of your favorite Kate Bush songs, and as always, other gloomy (yet danceable) anthems besides
- We will have a Kate Bush dance-off (We encourage teams!)
- We'll have prizes (and consolation prizes)
- Some crazy people managed to get 300 Kate Bush-alikes to dance to Wuthering Heights, but we'll try to set the world record for the most Kate Bush lookalikes dancing to Babooshka on one stage. Which is probably, like, 5.
- LADIES: We want you to wear witchy, flowy dresses, veils, wedding dresses, army uniforms, red shoes, anything you've seen Kate Bush wear and prance around in an arty fashion in a video.
- GENTLEMEN What, did you think you were just going to get away with dressing like Peter Gabriel in "Don't Give up"? NO. We highly encourage you to wear witchy dresses, veils, Kate Bush-length wigs, the lot.
The Party That Brings a Tear To Your Eye
Sat 16th November at Grand Victory
+ 3rd Saturdays every month
Feeling Gloomy, the world's only dance party devoted to sad music, has returned to NYC. Having taken a short break due to previous promoter Gertrude Gloom leaving these shores to return to the Gloom mothership in London, Feeling Gloomy, NY's premier British dance party, is back and moving to Brooklyn!
The night has been taken on by brothers grim Gordon and Nathaniel Gloom who promise you more downbeat BPMs than you can handle. They will be joined by DJ Grim Reaper who really does look like death (sorry!)
Smuggled over from the Gloomy old UK (where its now 7 years old) it has thrived in the land of the free, bringing great, gloomy, British tunes to the good ole US of A for over three years now!
The boys will be rifling through their record collections to select anything from The Cure to Dolly Parton. As long as the lyrics are gloomy and you can dance to it, it may well be thrown down. Don't forget if it's your birthday you will get the chance to come up and blow out the candles on the cake as the crowd sing 'Unhappy birthday' and commiserate with you for being another year nearer the grave!
So come on New York. Join Feeling Gloomy in its new home and put on your red shoes to dance those blues!
16th November. Times 11pm- 4am
Grand Victory, 245 Grand St
betw. Driggs & Roebling
L to Bedford / G to Lorimer
Dress to depress
Tickets: $6 door
$4 advance tix here (coming soon)
For more info please see: FeelingGloomy.com
The Grand Victory (View)
245 Grand St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|